Pages

Friday, May 1, 2009

Lindsay Answers Your Questions!

First, I would like to thank everyone who left comments, and asked questions via email or through the comments section.   Now, down to business, here are the answers:


You started acting young, when did you decide you wanted to be in show business?

Getting into the acting business was kind of like accidental fate. I was living in Seattle, WA. I was 2 years old. My mother was working in the children shoes department of Nordstrom at the Northgate Mall. There was a lady there who came in all the time to buy shoes for her kids and she befriended my mother. At one point she said she was starting her own children's acting agency and wondered if she could use me as one of her first clients. 

She sent me out on local auditions and I seemed to have a knack for the whole thing and also enjoy it. It was mostly just a hobby that happened to make my family a little extra money here and there. As I got older I enjoyed it more and more but living in Seattle, it never really entered into the mind of my young self or my parents minds that it would ever be a "career." 

When I was 8 years old I got a call saying that there was a nation wide talent search for an ABC sitcom made by the creators of Home Improvement (which was like, my FAVORITE show at the time.) I auditioned and got a callback. At this time, my parents started to get nervous. If I got the part we would have to re-locate to L.A. They said there was NO way that was happening, but I begged them to let me go on the call back. Everyone told them "what are the chances...?" I got another callback. 

We had to sign a 7 year contract and they flew my mom and I out to Los Angeles to read for the final network call. I got the part. That night I awoke to my mom crying in the bathroom drinking all the little bottles from the mini bar. We re-located to L.A. and I did that show, Thunder Alley, for two years before it was canceled. By that time I was hooked. I never wanted to do anything else ever again. 

What do you find most enjoyable about acting? What do you dislike the most?

I really enjoy many things about acting. For some reason, when I am on a set, I feel at home. I don't know why. I also love the idea of getting to pretend to be someone I'm not... AND I LOVE getting paid to travel all over the world. I also have gotten to meet amazing people who I admire and people who have changed my life. 

There are also many things to dislike... not about ACTING, but about the business part of it. There is a lot of rejection and a lot of shallowness. It's hard to deal with at times.

If you weren't acting, what would you be doing?

Ha. Well... I have spent lots of time where I haven't been working. In that time I tending bar, waited tables, baby-sat, worked at a doggie day-care place, and worked as a prep cook at a restaurant. None of them were nearly as fulfilling as acting. 

I guess if I couldn't have a career as an actress I would have probably gone to culinary school... or maybe become a writer...or done something having to do with animals or kids.

What has been your favorite role so far?

Caitlin. The character was fun to play because I never got to be so much of a smart-ass in real life. Sometimes she would annoy me, but it was still fun... Also, filming that show was by FAR one of the major highlights of my life up until now. I loved living in Calgary and the people I met during the course of that show were like a family. I had never had so much fun.

If you could work with any director, who would it be?

If he was alive, Stanley Kubrick. Otherwise, Wes Anderson, PT AndersonKevin Smith, Quentin Tarantino, Steven Spielberg and recently Judd Apatow.

If you could have one role in any movie released last year, which would
it have been and why?


Juno in Juno, because it was an awesome leading role in an awesome movie that I think I could have done well (but Ellen Page is awesome.) Bella in Twilight, because I love Vampires, I am obsessed with the book series and the male co-star is dreamy...or Rachel Dawes in the Dark Knight (do I even need to give all the reasons why?)

Going into Scream Queens, how much confidence did you have?

I hadn't had a proper acting job in a long time and I DREAD competition... soo... not very much.

Looking back on it, do you consider SQ's to be a positive experience?

Yes, Scream Queens was definitely a positive experience. It re-awakened my love for acting and even though it was very emotionally draining, it was a good time. Plus, I actually made a lot of friends because of it. 

If you could change one thing about your performance on SQ, what would it be?

I would be a little more "balls to the wall!" Ha. Seriously though, I would like to say I would have been more confident in my ability, but that's easier said than done.

Was living at the SQ's house as drama filled as it appeared on the series?

Yes and no. They really did play it up with the way it was edited, but there was definite drama. Some stuff that they showed on the show was not NEARLY as bad as they made it out to be, but then there was also stuff that went down that they weren't even able to show ;)

Do you still talk with anyone you met on SQ's?

I keep in touch with mostly all of the girls via facebook. It's hard because I live in NY and they almost all live in Los Angeles. Jessica Palette lives in the same area of Brooklyn as I do though and we are very close and hang out a few times a week.

Will SQ's be coming out on DVD?

No idea.

Do you know if any of your older work (Caitlins Way, Anna's Dream, etc)
will come out on DVD?


No idea. Probably not. Caitlin's Way came out in Europe, I believe. I keep meaning to write to Tommy Lynch and tell him he needs to release it.

LindsayFelton.com is down, will it be up again?

Some day... when I have something to put on it.

What can your fans do to help your career?

I'm not sure. I guess if you ever have access to write or talk to a director or producer, tell them you'd like to see more of me.

How can fans receive an autograph?

I'm working on that... I guess for now, you can send your address to Exactor, the webmaster of this blog and I will do my best to send you a signed pic. Shipping gets pretty expensive after a while though so I am trying to find a better method.

What kind of roles are you searching for?

Pretty mush whatever I can get at this point. Sad but true.

What projects do you have coming out in the future?

I am in discussion about a few upcoming projects but all is in such beginning stages. I will keep the blog posted when I have more info. I really just need an agent more than anything. Without an agent there are no auditions. Unlike LA, I don't have have many NY connections, it's almost like starting all over again.


Thanks for the great interview Lindsay, and thanks to everyone for reading.  If you have any comments or questions for Lindsay, please leave them here.  We'll try to do this again in the future, Lindsay's schedule permitting.   Don't forget to follow us or subscribe to the RSS feed so that you can stay on top of all posts. 

4 comments:

Oly said...

is this lindsay???

http://twitter.com/lalindsaymarie

Oly said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Exactor said...

Yes, that is her Twitter account.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.